Media and entertainment accountants
The media and entertainment industry brings millions of pounds into the economy, but many moving parts require the expertise of specialist media and entertainment accountants.
With the many different tax structures and breaks out there for the industry to benefit from, it takes a professional eye to make sure these tax incentives aren’t missed.
As important as the creative side is, the financial aspect of the industry is equally as crucial to get right. That’s why Smith Butler is there to help guide you through the legal implications of running a media and entertainment business.
Who we can help in the industry
Smith Butler has the expertise and knowledge to help anyone within the industry, including:
- Digital media companies
- Film production companies
- Gaming companies
- Post-production companies
- Producers and directors
While some needs may overlap between the specific roles, there are also more niche aspects to consider. That’s why our media and entertainment accountants can cover all bases and ensure the support and advice is best suited to each area.
Whether looking into the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) or perhaps applying for film tax relief through the British Film Commission, we can help explore all avenues of funding and ensure you get the finances you need to get your production off of the ground.
We will help you with the British Film Institute’s (BFI) cultural test to see if your work qualifies for the eligible tax relief.
Other reliefs you could claim include:
- Animation tax relief
- High-end television tax relief
- Video games tax relief
- Children’s television tax relief
- Theatre tax relief
- Orchestra tax relief
- Museums and galleries exhibition tax relief.
How we can support you
Our key services can help you and your business run the financial side of things efficiently and provide some insight into how you can develop your industry further. These include:
- Planning and raising finance – If you need extra capital to help get your production company or next project off the ground, we can help source the money needed to make that happen.
- Corporation tax returns – We will ensure your annual accounts are filed and any reliefs and expenses you could be eligible for are included in the report to HMRC.
- Self-assessment tax returns – If you’re a freelancer or otherwise self-employed, we will ensure you’re paying the right amount of tax to HMRC.
- Management accounts – We’re experts at managing our clients’ accounts, so we can take them over to allow you to focus on your work.
- Company valuation and formations – If you’re looking to sell to a larger production company or just looking to start out on your own, we can help put all of the plans in place and make sure the structure is sound.
Get in touch with our media and entertainment accounting experts
It’s always good to know that you’re following the right processes. So by getting in touch with our team, you can focus on the creative areas of your industry and leave the financial side to us.
Contact our team to find out how we can help.
“I think Smith Butler are a brilliant company. I’ve been a client for several years and it means such a lot to not have to worry about the accountancy side of my business. Sally is such a lovely person and makes the whole process easy and enjoyable. I consider myself lucky to have found them.”
Why choose us?
Unlimited phone support
Unlimited free meetings
FREE initial tax review
Work on time every time
Monthly tax tips by email
Friendly and approachable
All clients treated equally
FREE annual financial checkup
Cloud software specialists
Want an initial talk that won't cost you a penny?
You can reach out to us with your accountancy or business query on the phone, over email, through our website or even on social media if you're that way inclined. You’ll get an honest response and that won't cost you anything.