The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme portal is now open for claims. To be eligible you need:
• To have traded in the tax year 2018 to 2019
• To have submitted your Self Assessment tax return on or before 23 April 2020 for that year
• To have traded in the tax year 2019 to 2020
• To continue to trade in the tax year 2020 to 2021
Unfortunately, as accountants we are not allowed to submit the claim on your behalf, you must do it yourself. To do so, you will need your Government Gateway ID and password, if your accountant or tax agent has been dealing with HMRC on your behalf, you will need to request one.
You can do this while submitting your claim, it is relatively straight forward and should take around ten minutes. Make sure you have the following to hand:
• Access to your email
• Access to your phone
• Your UTR number (contact your accountant if you don’t have this to hand)
• Your NI number
• Passport or Driving Licence as confirmatory ID
To find out if you are eligible head to this link.
For financial help or advice during this time, get in touch to see how we can help on 01274 588115 or firstname.lastname@example.org